Ring in the Christmas season with your Monroe neighbors! Whether at home or in the community, make sure it’s a holiday where memories are made. Need some ideas for festive Christmas activities in Monroe? We’ve got you covered…
Traditional Christmas activities
Get in the Christmas spirit with traditional activities that remind you of the good old days:
- Gather a group of friends to sing Christmas carols.
- If it’s snowing, go sledding.
- Visit Santa at a community location.
- Set up a cookie exchange with your neighbors.
- Drive to see neighborhood Christmas lights.
- Host a white elephant gift exchange.
- Go ice skating.
Christmas activities indoor
You don’t have to leave your home to get in the Christmas spirit. In fact, much of the holiday magic can happen right inside your own front door:
- Decorate the Christmas tree with loved ones.
- Host a cookie decorating competition.
- Invest in an Advent calendar to do as a family.
- Make popcorn garland.
- Build a gingerbread house.
- Watch your favorite Christmas movie.
Christmas activities in Monroe
There are plenty of fun Christmas activities on the calendar for the months of November and December. We’ve compiled a handful below to get you started:
Kick off the season with the City of Monroe’s Hometown Holiday Tree Lighting. The event runs from 4pm to 9pm, with the tree lighting happening at 7pm sharp. Activities include:
- Vintage Market vendors (4:00 PM to 9:00 PM)
- Visit with Santa Claus (5:30 PM to 8:30 PM)
- Live Reindeer (5:30 PM to 7:30 PM)
- Horse and wagon rides (5:30 PM to 8:30 PM)
- Live Nativity (5:00 PM to 8:30 PM)
- Children’s Activities and Games (4:00 PM to 9:00 PM)
- Food Trucks (4:00 PM to 9:00 PM)
- Christmas Carols and Music!
If you live in or near Monroe you will definitely want to support Small Business Saturday in downtown Monroe. The event kicks off at the Knights of Columbus Hall. Come out and support small businesses in Monroe from 10am to 3pm! Click here for more info.
November 25th-December 24th
Get your picture taken with Santa. Santa will be in his chair at The Mall of Monroe beginning at 11am on Friday, November 25th through Christmas Eve at 5pm!
You won’t want to miss this idyllic scene at Christmas in Ida. Events begin at 8:30am and run until 2:30pm at Ida High School. Check out their Facebook page for a complete schedule of events and to discover the best things to do & events. Explore concerts, meetups, open mics, art shows, music events and a lot more.
Visit the Christmas Market at the Monroe County Flea Market. Get your Christmas shopping done all in one place! The market opens at 11am and goes until 5pm. Grab lunch in the mall while you are there! Or catch a movie before heading home.
Check out the Holiday Extravaganza Pinball Tournament starting at ULEKstore’s Pinball and Classic Arcade. Gather your friends and neighbors, and come out for some friendly competition.Even if you don’t play, it will sure be fun to watch. Doors open at 9am and the tournament will begin promptly at 11am.
What is the Christmas season without a little holiday music? The Monroe Big Band is returning to the RRCA for its annual holiday concert. Come hear the music of this local band’s favorite holiday tunes. The concert starts at 5:30pm. Call 734-242-7722 for tickets.
December 23rd and 24th | 2022
Cap off the Christmas season with a focus on the reason we celebrate. Be sure to join us for a Christmas Eve candlelight service on December 23rd at 6:30pm or December 24th at 3pm.
Christmas at 2|42
Check out our website for more information. We always welcome new friends to worship with us. Find a location that’s close to you! You can learn more about our beliefs and visit our video library to explore more topics like this one. You can also check out our events page to find out what fun new things we’re doing this season.