The Mid-Michigan region is all about that “northpole” aesthetic when winter arrives. Saginaw and its surrounding towns and cities have a wealth of Christmas activities to engage with! From Santa Houses to Christmas stores that are open 361 days a year, you can find something to do for everyone this holiday season.
Saginaw is part of the “Tri-Cities” or “Great Lakes Bay Region” portion of Michigan. Located near numerous bodies of water, including the Bay area of “the thumb,” Saginaw offers both metropolitan and rural activity for the young and the young at heart! The city is home to such venues as The Dow Event Center (birthplace of the Saginaw Spirit hockey team) and the historic Temple Theater. It is also home to the prestigious Saginaw Valley State University. Due to its convenient location near the I-75 and M52 throughways it is often a stop-off point for people traveling back and forth to the northern parts of the state.
Traditional Christmas activities
Get in the Christmas spirit with traditional activities that remind you of the good old days:
- Gather a group of friends to sing Christmas carols.
- If it’s snowing, go sledding.
- Visit Santa at a community location.
- Set up a cookie exchange with your neighbors.
- Drive to see neighborhood Christmas lights.
- Host a white elephant gift exchange.
- Go ice skating.
Christmas activities indoor
You don’t have to leave your home to get in the Christmas spirit. In fact, much of the holiday magic can happen right inside your own front door:
- Decorate the Christmas tree with loved ones.
- Host a cookie decorating competition.
- Invest in an Advent calendar to do as a family.
- Make popcorn garland.
- Build a gingerbread house.
- Watch your favorite Christmas movie.
Saginaw Christmas events
Here are some Christmas events specific to Saginaw and its associated townships:
- November 18th&19th: Holidays in the Heart of the City Maker’s Market
- November 29th: The Magic of Christmas at The Temple Theater
- December 10th: WWE Holiday Tour at The Dow Event Center
- December 10th: Holiday Art & Craft Show at The Horizons Conference Center
- December 14th: Saginaw Spirit vs Flint Firebirds at The Dow Event Center
Willing to travel? Here are some awesome activities just a short drive from Saginaw!
- The Santa House in Midland
- Christmas at Leamans Green Applebarn in Freeland
- Bronner’s Christmas Wonderland in Frankenmuth
- BARC Christmas 5K race in Bay City
Be sure to join us for Christmas Eve Service!
You’re invited to a Christmas Eve candlelight service at either 1:30pm or 3:00pm on December 24th. Visit 242community.com/christmas-eve-saginaw for location and service info.
Christmas at 2|42
Check out our website for more information. We always welcome new friends to worship with us. Find a location that’s close to you! You can learn more about our beliefs and visit our video library to explore more topics like this one. You can also check out our events page to find out what fun new things we’re doing this season.