Speaker: Trevor Heyd
• Guardrails: A system designed to keep vehicles from straying into dangerous or
• Guardrails: Direct and Protect
They’re not placed in the danger zones. They’re placed inside the safety zones.
• Guardrails: designed to minimize damage
• Guardrails: a standard of behavior that becomes a matter of conscience
• The point of a guardrail is to light up our consciences BEFORE we hurt others
• Culture doesn’t encourage guardrails. Culture is content with painted lines.
1 Corinthians 6:18–20
18 Flee from sexual immorality!
– flirt with instead of
18 All other sins a person commits …
18 are outside the body, but whoever sins sexually, sins against their own body.
19 Do you not know …
19 that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from
19 You are not your own;
20 you were bought at a price.
20 honor God with your bodies.
Talk about it.
Avoid travelling or eating alone with members of the opposite sex.
Tell ’em about it.
Dangerous environments call for extreme measures.
Flee or Flirt?
“I’m forever yours …