What does it mean to be a Man @ Life Bridge — a Life Bridge M@n? It means the opportunity to be part of a community … that’s serving their community.
And we’ve got a GREAT opportunity for you to do just that.
We would love for you to join our small army of volunteers. No particular skills are needed, just a willing heart and pair of hands.
On each of the four Saturday’s of the event, we will have 2 teams: an onsite Build Team, and a Habitat ReStore Team. For information on what each of those volunteer opportunities are, check the appropriate sections below.
Sign up for one OR all four of the consecutive Saturdays beginning April 21st through May 12th as your schedule allows. Don’t miss this opportunity as we grow in the direction of Monroe to be God’s hands and feet to a family who truly needs a home!
- Build Team volunteers do hands-on work at the build site.
- A Build Day begins at 8:00 a.m. and ends at 3:30 p.m.
- No construction experience is necessary. Trained professionals are on site to teach you everything you need to know.
- All the tools and materials for the day, including safety glasses and hard hats are provided. You are welcome to bring your own, though, if you’d rather.
- Construction volunteers must be 16 years or older. Those who are 16 or 17 must have parent’s permission on a special youth waive
Can’t commit to a full day of construction on the Build Team?
The Habitat ReStore helps to fund the building program and offers more flexible hours. With limited staff, they rely on volunteers to help run the store.