This past Sunday we handed each family $20. We asked them to put their shopping skills to work and buy a christmas gift for a child. We will collect all of these gifts at Life Bridge and donate them to Fish and Loaves here in Taylor.
During this time of the year thousands of families go to Fish and Loaves to find food for the Holidays. We wanted to do something extra. As the families come to fill their carts there will be a section of toys, provided by Life Bride, the parents can pick from.
If you are donating
If you took a $20 envelope Sunday or would like to help provide from your own pocket, here is what you need to know
- Age Range: Buy a gift for a child between Pre-k and 16 years old
- Gender: If you got a green envelope buy a gift for a boy. If red, buy for a girl
- Change: If the gift you buy is under $20 put the change in the envelope and drop it in the offering buckets this Sunday.
- Drop Off: Bring them to church this Sunday. We won’t have a drop off bin. Just hang on to your gift. There will be a special point in the service to bring them to the stage.
- What should I buy?: Its all about making them feel loved. Think of something they wouldn’t normally get and you are on the right track.
- Do Not Wrap: The gifts should not be wrapped. This will allow parents to pick just the right gift for their child.
- What if I don’t go to Life Bridge or can’t be here this Sunday?: Just drop it off when you can at Life Bridge by December 7th. 20330 Superior rd. Taylor, MI