The application window has closed
The Search Committee is in process of prayerfully discerning through the applicants for Senior Pastor. 2|42 Community Church is seeking an experienced multi-site leader to serve as our next Senior Pastor. The Senior Pastor will be an articulate advocate for the vision, mission, and core values of the church. This servant-leader will embody and champion the church’s multiplication philosophy of ministry. As a natural visionary and implementer of ideas and processes, the candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment and will partner with seasoned leaders to further the goals of the church. The Senior Pastor will also take time to develop those leaders and guide and direct the staff in encouraging and innovative ways. We are seeking a leader who is authentic, approachable, and attentive to the development needs of the staff and congregation.
If we could, we would hire Jesus incarnate as our Senior Pastor, but we know God does amazing work through regular, fallible people who humbly lead and develop others. Specifically, we’re looking for:
- A time-tested leader with significant experience in senior leadership of a multi-site church.
- A believer passionate about reaching the unchurched, who creates an atmosphere of trust and authenticity.
- A developmental leader with a philosophy focused on leadership development and a passion to lead people to Jesus and equip disciples.
- An effective communicator with the ability to winsomely communicate relevant and biblical messages.
- A collaborative leader who has experience leading and leveraging the talent around him.
- A leader who obeys God’s leading to take Kingdom risks.
- A leader who actualizes our philosophy that strategic church planting and multiplication is the most successful model to reach people far from God.
- A leader who fully embraces our vision, mission, and theology.
- A humble, yet confident leader who builds trust through consistency of character and strong relationships.
If this sounds like you, please keep reading more about the role, job responsibilities, and minimum requirements.
The main responsibilities of the role are prioritized as follows:
- Cast and Act on Vision: The Senior Pastor provides strategic direction and leadership of the church. In conjunction with other leaders and the church elders, he guides the staff in the strategic planning and activities of the church.
- Leader of Leaders: The Senior Pastor ensures the continuity of leadership through the holistic development of his direct reports. He ensures that 2|42 Community Church is organized and managed in an excellent manner with a high level of accountability.
- Develop Emerging Leaders: The Senior Pastor cultivates and promotes initiatives that develop Christian leaders inside and outside the church for the future of 2|42 Community Church and church planting. He does this through training, mentoring, and supporting discipleship programs for diverse groups of ages, genders, and ethnicities.
- Preaching/Teaching: Through prayer, preparation, and discernment, the Senior Pastor participates, collaborates, and provides a visionary role on the teaching team.
- Leadership Love-In-Action:
- Love our Church: The Senior Pastor builds up the staff and congregation by fostering authentic and healthy relationships. He maintains regular individual meetings and larger gatherings with teams and campuses to ensure clear communication up, down, and across the church.
- Love the Unchurched: The Senior Pastor creates and models a culture of being a missionary in our neighborhoods. He represents 2|42 Community Church to the community and participates in local community activities, regional activities.
- Love our Communities: The Senior Pastor represents 2|42 Community Church to the larger community in Michigan and beyond. He participates in regional activities, national and international opportunities in mission, service, and to connect the church to greater kingdom-building work.
- Accredited University/Bible College degree or Seminary degree
- 2 years Experience in a multi-site church
- 5+ years of Senior pastor experience (or) 5+ years of Executive staff experience or 5+ years of Campus Pastor experience
- Significant staff experience in a church of 2500+
- Last 5 years of experience will demonstrate personal contribution towards advancing ministry growth
- Experience will emphasize discipling/shepherding and leading staff.
- Full agreement and alignment with 2|42 Community Church’s theological beliefs, mission, vision, and core values
The application window has closed